What Did Jesus Come to Save Us From?
Let’s do this inductively. I ask. You answer.
John 3:17, “God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.”
- Why did God send his Son? _______________
John 3:36, “Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.”
- Does not obeying the Son (e. g., when he commands us to trust him) bring us under God’s wrath or leave us under his wrath? _______________
- So what did God send his Son to save us from? _______________
- Is this a felt need among the unbelievers you know? _______________
- What are the implications for the content of preaching and evangelism? ____________
Recent posts from John Piper: