Commending Christ, Q & A
Here are the questions that were asked during this session:
- Michael Oh, tell us more about Christ Bible Seminary.
- Mark Dever, define the gospel in 60 seconds or less.
- What do the other panelists think about Dever's admonition to preach the gospel in every sermon?
- Matt Chandler, please talk about the believers need to hear the gospel. Is the message to the unregenerate sheep the same as to the regenerate sheep.
- Is there ever a sense that if I've been remiss in personal evangelism someone's blood is on my hands?
- What are some motivations to evangelize?
- Mark, what's the place of specific methodologies in evangelism?
- Michael, can you talk about methodologies in Japan?
- Matt, what's the connection between the gospel that is always relevant and how we present it in a specific context.
- John, can you comment how pastors should advertise and promote their ministries.
- Mark, you say that if the gospel doesn't offend the unbeliever, it's not the gospel. Is there a right and wrong way to provoke when evangelizing.
- We want to live in a way that makes Christ look appealing. Is that a disposition or is it external things I do?
- John, what would you say to the pastor who says, "I can preach the gospel to hundreds, but I am paralyzed by fear when talking to one person."
©2013 Desiring God Foundation. Used by Permission.
Permissions: You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For Internet posting, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyperlink to this page. Any exceptions to the above must be approved by Desiring God.
Please include the following statement on any distributed copy: By John Piper. ©2013 Desiring God Foundation. Website: desiringGod.org