In this lab, John Piper reminds us that the greatest news in the world is that anyone can be saved by believing in Jesus Christ.
Six Foundational Truths for Understanding the Good News of Christianity
1. God created us for his glory.
2. Therefore, it is our joyful duty to live for his glory.
3. All of us have failed to glorify God as we should.
4. Therefore, we are all dead in our sins and under God’s just condemnation.
5. God sent his Son to save sinners and bring them into his eternal joy.
6. All the benefits purchased through Christ’s death and resurrection are given to those united to him through faith.
- What does it mean to believe in Christ?
- Read Romans 4:4–5 and Romans 6:23. What is the difference between works and a free gift? What role should they play in our lives as Christians?
- What are the six biblical truths that make Christianity “good news”?