In that terrible moment when we see ourselves standing guilty before the Almighty, nothing shines forth but the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Jesus seems more eager to explode the false assurance of faith than he is to give assurance to people who are intent on living in sin.
The whole concept of slavery as we know it is blown out of the water when God becomes the “Slavemaster.”
Christianity is not merely believing a set of ideas about Christ’s love. It is an experience of being constrained by that love.
The call of God creates what it commands.
Why do some who are “dead in trespasses and sins” come to believe and some do not?
- Lady Choice (Poems)
- Five Points (Books)
- Fulfilling the Law of Love (Sermons)
- Thank God for Famous Faith (Sermons)
- How Justified Sinners Love Each Other (Sermons)
- Justified to Break the Power of Sin (Sermons)
- Breaking Nets, Sinking Boats and Saving Men (Sermons)
- What Is Evangelistic Sacramentalism? (Ask Pastor John)
- The Greatest Thing in the World: An Overview of Romans 1-7 (Sermons)
- The Mighty and Merciful Message of Romans 1-8 (Sermons)
- The Triumph of Grace through Righteousness (Sermons)
- Free from Sin, Slaves of Righteousness, Part 2 (Sermons)