We unseat judges with indignation who acquit the guilty. Our moral sensibility is outraged when wrong and guilt are given legal sanction. Yet at the heart of our gospel stands the sentence: God justifies the ungodly who trust in him. God acquits the guilty. That is the gospel! But how can it be right for God to do that?
It is faith alone which justifies, but that the faith which justifies never stays alone. It is living and active and bears fruit in obedience.
- Fulfilling the Law of Love (Sermons)
- Thank God for Famous Faith (Sermons)
- The Greatest Thing in the World: An Overview of Romans 1-7 (Sermons)
- The Mighty and Merciful Message of Romans 1-8 (Sermons)
- How We Come to Know Sin (Sermons)
- How the Spirit Does What the Law Could Not Do (Sermons)
- Free from Sin, Slaves of Righteousness, Part 1 (Sermons)
- Slaves to God, Sanctification, Eternal Life (Sermons)
- God's Ultimate Purpose: Vessels of Mercy Knowing the Riches of His Glory (Sermons)
- We Will All Stand Before the Judgment of God (Sermons)