God is more powerful than all the gods and he is more powerful than all the nations. On God's side you cannot lose.
Should we wonder at all that humans are oblivious to the glory of God when there are such clear parables of our blindness built into everyday experience?
How is my desire to be happy not opposed to God's command to give him glory?
“God’s delight in being God is not sung the way it should be, with wonder and passion, in the worship places of the word. And we are the poorer and weaker for it. My hope and prayer in writing this book is that more and more people would meditate with me on the pleasures of God” (p. 7).
Thirty-two evidences from Scripture that God loves his own glory most.
How do we give the Lord what we don't have and he does?
Seeing and sharing in God’s glory is our ultimate hope through the gospel of Christ.
John Piper says Scripture presents the glory of God as the goal of all existence and the hope of believers.
“John Piper’s influence on my life is incalculable. Because of John I am more deeply in love with Jesus and his church. My marriage, my children, my prayers, my love of Scripture, my vocation, my possessions, where I live, how I lead, what I read—all have been profoundly influenced by him. And I’m just one person. As I reflect on what God has done in the lives of thousands, I am overwhelmed” – Jon Bloom (pp. 506-507).
- God Created Us for His Glory (Sermons)
- Sky Talk (Sermons)
- I Am the Lord, and Besides Me There Is No Savior (Sermons)
- If the Lord Wills (Sermons)
- Thankful for the Love of God! Why? (Sermons)
- God Did Not Spare His Own Son (Sermons)
- The Triumph of Grace through Righteousness (Sermons)
- Free from Sin, Slaves of Righteousness, Part 2 (Sermons)
- God's Wrath: "Vengeance Is Mine, I Will Repay," Says the Lord (Sermons)
- The Present Effects of Trembling at the Wrath of God (Sermons)
- Present Your Bodies As a Living Sacrifice to God (Sermons)
- Pizza! Pizza! Lewis at Little Caesars (Conference Messages)
- It's My Pleasure! (Sermons)
- The Blazing Center, Part 6 (Conference Messages)
- Jonathan Edwards on the Pilgrim Mindset (Taste & See Articles)
- A God-Entranced Vision of All Things: Why We Need Jonathan Edwards 300 Years Later (Conference Messages)
- The Holiness of God, Our Sin, and the Love of Jesus (Sermons)
- Holy, Holy, Holy Is the Lord of Hosts (Sermons)