Are you mom enough?
The cover of Time Magazine asked this haunting question in bold red letters that hung over the startling image of a young mother breastfeeding her four-year-old. When the issue hit newsstands it re-ignited a longstanding mommy war in American culture. But it turns out this was the wrong question, pointing in the wrong direction. Here is a higher and more essential question faced by mothers: Is God God enough?
This short book by eight women explores the daily trials and worries of motherhood. In the trenches, they have learned (and continue to learn) how to treasure God and depend on his all-sufficient grace. The paradox of this book is the secret power of godly mothering. Becoming mom enough comes as a result of answering the question, “Are you mom enough?” with a firm no.
“A soul-fueling read for every mother down in the trenches who needs to hear it again: Mom (never enough) + God (infinitely enough) = Mom Enough.” –Ann Voskamp
Table of Contents
1. Motherhood Is a Calling (And Where Your Children Rank)
2. Motherhood Is a Mission Field
3. Motherhood Is Application
4. How Eternity Shapes Our Mundane
5. Desperate, Breathless, Dependent Parenting
6. Are You Mom Enough?
7. The End of the Mommy Wars
8. Mommy Wars in the Local Church: A Parable
9. Mommy Wars Are Spiritual Wars
10. A Pregnant Woman’s Defense Against the Schemes of the Devil
11. The Everyday Question of Motherhood
12. A Treasure Greater Than Our Homes
13. Femininity: June Cleaver, Clair Huxtable, or the Valiant Woman?
14. The Amazing Calling of Motherhood
15. Grace Greater Than All Our Worries
16. The Most Frightening Prayer I Could Pray for My Children
17. It’s Good to Be a Jar of Clay
18. The Real Life of the Pro-Life Home
19. A Tantrum for My Transformation
20. Kissing the Wave
21. A Prayer for the Worried Mom’s Heart
22. Our Children for Our Joy
23. The Idols of a Mother’s Heart
24. Missional Motherhood