John Piper addressed the following questions in this Q & A session.
- What language should we use to talk about God's sovereignty over sin?
- How much did the Holy Spirit have to do with Job's ability to suffer well?
- As an ancient believer, how was Job's faith different than ours?
- How could Satan come into God's presence? Does he still?
- Did God initiate the meeting with Satan?
- How should we view Satan's involvement in our lives?
- What is involved in the worship that comes in the moments of deepest suffering?
- Would it be wrong to express anger and frustration in these moments?
- How do you lovingly speak the truth of God's sovereignty to sufferers?
- What does it mean to be righteous?
- What does it mean for the righteous to suffer when there is none righteous before God?
- How do we make sure our kids are prepared for suffering when our family has undergone so little?
- What do you say to a couple who lost their infant and now God seems so far away?
- How do I help my disabled child understand God's sovereignty when she faces not just physical suffering, but emotional suffering because of continual ridicule?
- What do you do for an unbelieving friend whose suffering is pushing her away from God?
- What do you do when you can't see God's good purposes in suffering?
You'll have to listen for the answers.