“There is a professional way to crucify. But there is no professional way to be crucified. There were professionals on Golgotha. They were experts in torture. But Jesus was not one of them” (John Piper, Chapter 1).
Still Not Professionals: Ten Pleas for Today’s Pastors is a celebration and extension of John Piper’s Brothers, We Are Not Professionals. With two brief exhortations from Piper and eight others from veteran pastors, this short ebook aims to strengthen and challenge Christians in general, and pastors in particular, for the labor of everyday life and ministry. The contributors were asked to express their “heart of hearts” for fellow leaders. You’ll find these chapters tap into profound human themes, in both the pastor and his flock, and will be of use, we hope, beyond the North American context of the contributors.
An EPUB file is formatted for readers like the Nook, Sony Reader, and Apple iBooks (iPad, iPhone, iPod). A MOBI file is formatted for Kindle applications (this option works well on some mobile devices, and not so well on others).
Table of Contents
1. Brothers, the Ministry Is Supernatural, by John Piper
2. Brothers, Supernatural Does Not Mean Stupid, by John Piper
3. Brothers, We Are Not Sisters, Douglas Wilson
4. Brothers, We Are Not Professors, by R.C. Sproul Jr.
5. Brothers, We Are Not Superstars, by Daniel L. Akin
6. Brothers, We Should Stink, by Thabiit Anyabwile
7. Brothers, Live a Visible, Exemplary, Everyday Life, by Jeff Vanderstelt
8. Brothers, Praise Somebody Other Than God, by Sam Crabtree
9. Brothers, Build a Gospel Culture, by Raymond C. Ortlund, Jr.
10. Brothers, Train Up the Next Generation, by Mike Bullmore