Panel Discussion - Piper, Tripp, Kauflin, and Taylor
In this panel discussion, Justin Taylor asks questions of John Piper, Paul Tripp, Dan Taylor, and Bob Kauflin. Here are the questions and you can listen for the answers.
- Bob, you had a Job-like experience. How did the Lord use his words and the words of others to bring you through it?
- Paul, a lot of people must think you had an idyllic upbringing. Could you tell your own story about how the Lord brought you to himself?
- John, what do you mean by “the joy and the miracle of self-forgetfulness”? Are there strategies to cultivate it?
- How do you recognize the work of the Spirit in your life and the fruit of it and the progress you’ve made? Paul said, “Be imitators of me,” and yet he was being humble. How does that work?
- How should we use our bodies in worship?
- What would be some counsel for people to become more creative in a God-centered way?
- Could you talk about the role that art has had for you in the pursuit of holiness and the glory of God?
- How do you give encouragement in a way that is not flattering of other people, and how do you receive it in a way that’s not prideful?
© 2015 Desiring God Foundation. Distribution Guidelines
Share the Joy! You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in physical form, in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For posting online, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyperlink to this page. For videos, please embed from the original source. Any exceptions to the above must be approved by Desiring God.
Please include the following statement on any distributed copy: By John Piper. ©2015 Desiring God Foundation. Website: desiringGod.org