“So growing old to the glory of God means using whatever strength and eyesight and hearing and mobility and resources we have left to treasure Christ and in that joy to serve people—that is, to seek to bring them with us into the everlasting enjoyment of Christ” (p. 39).
|Paperback||Buy on Amazon|
|Kindle||Buy on Amazon|
About the Book
With Contributions by John Piper, John MacArthur, Jerry Bridges, Randy Alcorn, and Helen Roseveare
These powerful calls to godly perseverance from four admired Christians elevate the value and necessity of lifelong faithfulness in the lives of God's people.
Many people seek to better their lives by leaving, changing, swapping, or modifying their commitments. But God's Word holds up a beautiful value that, while difficult, leads to deep satisfaction and great reward: endurance.
Such long, steady, hold-the-course perseverance is especially needed within our vacillating generation. This thoughtful book thus not only elevates the virtue of godly endurance but bears witness to its power in the Christian life through the exhortations of John Piper-who provides the context and overview for the entire book-John MacArthur, Jerry Bridges, Randy Alcorn, and Helen Roseveare. Each contributor represents a different kind of endurance: from MacArthur's longtime, faithful shepherding of a church to Alcorn's radical obedience in the culture wars, from Bridges' unswerving patience through suffering to Roseveare's courageous constancy on the war-torn mission field.
Stand will awaken and solidify rugged, Christ-exalting endurance in people who are weary in their faith journey or who simply long to remain firm to the end. And for everyone who dreams of a Christian culture-shift from brief trial runs to lifelong commitments, John Piper and Justin Taylor's latest offering is a watershed that will serve to seal that vision in people's minds and hearts.
First Edition 2008
Crossway Books (Wheaton, Illinois)
Table of Contents
Introduction by Justin Taylor
1. Four Essentials for Finishing Well by Jerry Bridges
2. Getting Old to the Glory of God by John Piper
3. Certainties That Drive Enduring Ministry by John MacArthur
4. Cumulative Daily Decisions, Courage in a Cause, and a Life of Endurance by Randy Alcorn
5. One Thing by Helen Roseveare
An Interview with Randy Alcorn, Jerry Bridges, John Piper, and Helen Roseveare by Justin Taylor
An Interview with John Piper and John MacArthur by Justin Taylor
Publisher: Vineyard Books, Lighthouse Inspirational Books and Gifts, Manila
Publisher: Pionir Jaya
Publisher: Word of Life Press
Publisher: Editora Fiel
ISBN: 9788599 145661
- Can the Regenerate Be Erased from the Book of Life? (article)
- Stand: A Call for the Endurance of the Saints (conference messages)
- The Doctrine of the Perseverance of the Saints (sermon series)
- The Elect are Kept by the Power of God (sermon)
- Sustained by Sovereign Grace: How to Endure to the End (sermon)